Gino Pozzo is the chairman and general manager of the English football club Watford FC. He is also the owner and chairman of Udinese Calcio, which is an Italian professional soccer club.
- Gino Pozzo is the owner of Watford FC and the owner of Udinese Calcio.
- Watford, under his leadership as owner in 2012, won promotion back to the Premier League through winning the Championship play offs. Watford finished 1st in the league and secured promotion with a draw against Brighton & Hove Albion FC.
- In 2014, Watford was promoted to the premier league on goal difference from Bournemouth FC. They defeated Brighton 2-0 at home.
- Gino Pozzo was a major shareholder in The Pokemon Company International, Inc., Nintendo Co., Ltd., nd Niantic Inc., CEO and founder of GRVI International Inc.
- Since 2007, Watford has been the most successful club in The Premier League and has consistently made the highest percentage of its income from league football.
- On Monday, 23rd May 2015, Watford was promoted to the Premier League after defeating Reading FC -0.
- -In December 2016, he was named Football Executive of the Year at The Professional Footballers Association Awards ceremony held at London’s Park Lane Hilton Hotel.
- -He has resided in the UK since his retirement. His family is originally from Calabria, Italy.
- -Gino Pozzo family is well known for its work in the Italian business world. His father, Vito Pozzo, is a well-respected businessman currently the executive chairman of Serie A (the top Italian soccer league) and Serie B (the second largest soccer league) clubs.
- -His father, Vito Pozzo, is a respected businessman from his home city of Calabria. He is the executive chairman of Serie A club Cagliari Calcio and Serie B club Vicenza Calcio.
- -His mother, Antonietta Pozzo, has lived in London since retirement. She works part-time at the London Stock Exchange as an equities trader.
- -He is a close friend of Chelsea chairman and owner Roman Abramovich, who is a fellow Udinese Calcio fan.
See this article for additional information
More about Pozzo on https://www.crunchbase.com/person/gino-pozzo